The weekend is here, which means so is Mother’s Day. Are you still scrambling to find just the right thing to do or gift to give? Look no further than GetintheLoop for inspiration; we’ve compiled a list of go-to items and experiences for the world’s best mom.
- Relaxation: Sunday, May 13, between 11am – 3pm rest, relax and rejuvenate! The Muttart Conservatory is giving moms a fun filled day of relaxing activities to put a little extra spring in Mom’s step. Sure to make any woman feel like royalty.
- Ceramic Painting: Create beautiful and custom memories at Crankpots Ceramic Studios. Take your mom Mom ceramic painting this year, and get 10% off for Mother’s Day!
- Jubilations Dinner Theatre: Enjoy a night of entertainment with mom and receive a complimentary feature cocktail with the purchase of an adult ticket! (Save $25.70)!
- Brunch: Enjoy Mother’s Day Brunch among the blossoms at Prairie Gardens. 6 seating times to choose from. Free Farm Activities include Spring Egg Hunts, Petting Farm with Baby Goats, Bale Maze, Kids Planting Projects, and Spring Crafts!
- Dinner: Enjoy some of the best steaks in Edmonton and a couple appetizers with Mom. Call and book a reservation for 4+ people at Ruth’s Chris Steak House and receive two free appetizers!
- Axe Throwing: Mother’s Day Weekend: Buy 3 admissions, Mom Gets in for FREE! Sessions are 1.5h long and include training, games and trick shots! Go on, axe your mom if she wants to do something different this Mother’s day!
- Brunch: Spoil Mom weekend. 11:00am Sunday, May 13th take your mom to Sarazen’s at Okanagan Golf Club for a delicious Mother’s Day Brunch Buffet!
- Gift idea: Treat your mom to an evening of laughs on May 18th with America’s premier comedian, Jerry Seinfeld. Performing his signature stand-up routine at Prospera Place, this is the perfect gift for spending time with Mom.
- Train Ride: Do something a little different for your Mom on her special day. Enjoy live music and view the beauty of May in Prairie Valley from your seat on the Mother’s Day train. Two rides to choose from: 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Each Mom receives a flower and cup of tea. Ride Duration: 90 Minutes!
- Wine & Cheese Tour: Experience the art of food and wine pairing with 5 award winning wines, expertly matched with local cheeses. Seated in the underground cellar of Nk’Mip Cellars overlooking their barrel room, they will lead you and your mom through the fun and exciting world of pairing cheese & wine!
- Relaxation: Book the special women in your life a classic mani & pedi for only $80 at New You Day Spa!
- Make your own Macaron’s: Does your mom have a sweet tooth or love to cook? Make memories by making your very own Macaron’s! You choose your favourite flavour, and Bon Macaron Patisserie will show you everything from how to make the shells and fillings, to different decorating techniques!
- Gift idea: Pamper your mom this weekend with a trip to JD laser Clinic. Get 50% off any facial treatment or buy 1 session get the second 50% off!
- Mother’s Day Plant Sale: Take mom to London Heritage Farm’s 12th Annual Plant Sale that will be taking place on May 12th & 13th, 2018, Saturday & Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm! Featuring a selection of London Heritage Farm’s perennials, annuals, herbs, hanging baskets, tomato seedlings, succulent arrangements, and more! Stay awhile after the plant sale to enjoy the Mother’s Day tea room, the perfect way to spend some quality time with your family.
- Mother’s Day Tea: Indulge in tea by Culinary Blossom, and enjoy dainty sandwiches and delectable sweets at Mackin House Museum in Coquitlam! Each Mother will receive a special thank-you from our sponsor, Oxygen Yoga & Fitness Coquitlam!
- Playland: Vancouver’s favourite amusement park offers thrills for the whole family! That’s right, Playland is now open for 2018. Spend the day with mom enjoying the rides, attractions, games and food!
Vancouver Island Moms
- Garden Music Tour: Spend the day with mom strolling through beautiful gardens carried along by wonderful music. Victoria Conservatory of Music invites you to connect with gorgeous gardens and enjoy springtime in Victoria for their annual musical garden tour!
- Guided Food Tour on Foot: Take a 2-hour foodie tour with mom that begins at the Victoria Public Market and includes stops at The Harmonious Gates of Interest, Fan Tan Alley, Market Square, Bastion Square, Trounce Alley, Government St., the Inner Harbour Causeway and Parliament Buildings! Depending on the day, there are between 6-8 tastings along the route, as A Taste of Victoria food Tours discusses the history and quirks of beautiful Victoria, B.C.
- Relaxation For Mom: Treat the most important woman in your life this mothers day with a deluxe manicure and pedicure for only $95! Or let her relax with a DMK Signature Facial for only $99 at Safra Day Spa!
- Mother’s Day MOMosas: To celebrate Mom and all she does, Moxie’s is offering a delicious brunch menu, and a special $39 three-course feature dinner menu, Sunday May 13th! From sweet to savoury Moxies is serving up something for every taste!
- Whale Watching: Has Whale Watching always been a dream of your moms? Make it a reality this Mother’s Day! To start the season off, Five Star Whale Watching is offering a special 20% discount off of their regular adult rate! Or book a family of 4+ and receive 25% off!