The 2019 Holiday season is upon us with Black Friday and Cyber Monday being the first major sales events. Every time you spend money, you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want. When you shop small, you are backing the small businesses that strengthen and diversify our communities. Whether you’ve already started looking for deals, discounts and gifts or have yet to begin, we’ve put together a collection of amazing GetintheLoop neighbours to support locally this holiday season across Canada.
1. Vancouver Christmas Market – A traditional German-style Christmas Market with 80+ huts of authentic treats and treasures. One of the Lower Mainland’s signature seasonal events, returns to celebrate its 10th anniversary season at Jack Poole Plaza (at the Olympic Cauldron), November 20–December 24, 2019. The city’s authentic German market amplifies its festive offerings with more than 80 huts stuffed with sweets, treats, and treasures, coupled with large-scale activities and live entertainment. Over the past 10 years, the Vancouver Christmas Market has become one of the city’s most treasured holiday traditions. This season, families, couples, and friends are invited to celebrate the market’s milestone anniversary and savour the abundance of authentic German-inspired sights, sounds, and flavours. Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/vancouver-christmas-market
2. Little Mohr Photography – Meet Laura Mohr, a Professional Intimate Wedding/Elopement Photographer! Laura specializes in heirloom prints and wall art for your home. She enjoys capturing milestones from couples getting engaged, married (wedding, elopement, and destination photography) to having a baby (birth and newborn photography) to their children growing up (sitting session, cake smash, and family sessions). Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/little-mohr-photography
1. Luna Float is Chilliwack’s first and only Float Therapy Wellness Centre, conveniently located in the heart of Garrison Village. Float Therapy, or simply “Floating”, is based on a scientific approach to deep relaxation called Restricted Environmental Stimulation Technique or R.E.S.T. for short. People float for many many different reasons, including stress and anxiety relief, relaxation, meditation, enhanced healing and recovery, pain management, creative exploration, introspection and mental conditioning.
Established in 2017, Luna Float features four spacious, locally built Float Cabins for relaxation, stress relief, healing and rejuvenation for the mind, body, and spirit. Although still a relatively new business, Luna Float has already been acknowledged as an A-List Chilliwack Favourite “Day Spa” as well as Aboriginal Business of the Year at the annual Business Excellence Awards. Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/luna-float
1. Grace clothing is a small, single store boutique based in Orchard Park Shopping Centre in Kelowna, BC! Whether you are looking for the perfect dress or something a little more casual for your weekend excursions, grace has the outfit for you. Browse through their great selection of high end brands such as Free People, FILA, Brunette the Label, Levi’s, Calvin Klein, Smash + Tess, BB Dakota, Matt & Nat, and SO much more! Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/grace
2. Big White Ski Resort – For your family, Big White has everything and it’s all at exceptionally affordable prices. With over 17,000 on-mountain beds there’s one for every taste. Hotels, luxury apartments, modern mountain vacation homes and even themed log cabins, most with private outdoor hot tubs dot the landscape. Last year Big White was featured on Channel 7’s ‘The Great Outdoors’ which boasted the famous snow, slope-side restaurants, modern accommodation and our ample after skiing activities. There’s even a flaming shot gun coffee drink at Canada’s award winning restaurant and bar Snowshoe Sam’s! Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/big-white-ski-resort
1. CDN believes we’re more than beavers and ice rinks, red and white or a maple leaf. Canadian apparel is failing to reflect the diversity of people who live in this country; with intricate lives and interests, stories and values that make them who they are and this place what it is. Don’t get us wrong, we’re still hockey loving, mountain climbing, cold beer drinking people. Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/cdn
1. Amborella Floral do their best to ensure the environmental impact is as limited as possible. Currently 95% of the fowers Amborella sources are Canadian-grown, with the vast majority coming from Burnaby, B.C. This allows them to support our local growers and minimize our carbon footprint when it comes to shipping. Amborella also recycles all of the packaging, including anything from cardboard to soft plastics. Last but not least, Amborella wraps your owers to go home with you in recycled burlap, sourced from our good friends Cafe Rosso.
They keep it simple, and focus their energy where it matters… The Flowers! Amborella carries a small inventory of hard goods, but make sure the spotlight is kept on their cut stems and plants. They are always looking for new and unique living product, and through great relationships with trusted growers, do their best to bring in the very best of the current season. Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/amborella-floral
1. Persephone Theatre – Created in 1974, Persephone Theatre, a not for profit-registered charity, started out small and has grown into a major force in both the city’s and the region’s theatrical life. Their season now includes nine classic and contemporary works from the national and international repertoire in their own theatre under the artistic direction of Del Surjik. Persephone Theatre’s dedication to presenting world class professional live theatre is reflected by the national recognition it has achieved. Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/persephone-theatre
1. Jump.ca – Founded in Regina over 20 years ago, Jump.ca is the only full-service SaskTel Authorized Dealer in the province providing high speed internet, maxTV, SecurTek monitored security solutions and phone repair. Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/jumpca
2. Two Fifty Two Boutique is owned and operated by Mackenzie Firby. Mackenzie has always had a love of fashion and wanted to bring her favourite brands to Saskatchewan. She also has a passion for customer service and feels that superior treatment of her customers is essential. She has employed friendly and outgoing Stylists that share her passions to ensure the Two Fifty Two experience is second to none. In 2016 TFT was awarded two SABEX Awards~Best in Customer Service and New Business Venture! Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/two-fifty-two-boutique
1. Prairie Supply Co is a general merchants store situated in downtown Dauphin, Manitoba, with a seasonal store located in the village of Wasagaming, Riding Mountain National Park. Prairie Supply Co offers an exclusive variety of lifestyle products, strives to provide a unique and unforgettable shopping experience, and offers unbeatable customer service to the community. They are proud to support various brands from across the continent, including their own, which has become a household name in Manitoba. WThey provide a trending assortment of clothing, hardgoods, shoes and accessories, in order to support the ever evolving seasonal activities. Customers are greeted with personal and professional service, exceptional product knowledge, and the reassurance of shopping local. Prairie Supply Co has been cultivated in the prairies, and homegrown in Canada. Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/prairie-supply-co
1. Glow Toronto Indoor Festival – Bring together the people you love to stroll, laugh and play under the twinkle of half a million lights. Glow’s playgrounds and interactive features will entertain the kids for hours, while the illuminated sculptures are the perfect backdrop for selfies and family photos. It’s all the magic and wonder of an outdoor seasonal festival, hosted inside a cozy and spacious venue. Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/deal/save-20-percent-on-tickets-8
1. House of Eights is where Halifax’s dance community comes together. They strive to provide a positive, welcoming, and judgement-free environment where anyone can go and dance. Located in the heart of the city, they offer a wide-selection of weekly beginner to advanced drop-in dance classes in hip hop, jazz funk, heels, k-pop, contemporary, and more! Offers: https://getintheloop.ca/place/house-of-eights-dance-studio
Don’t see your City? Browse all our amazing local offers here: https://getintheloop.ca/deals. And remember, supporting a small business means you’re supporting a family. You’re helping to pay a mortgage, electrical bill, buy groceries, a child to get braces or sending a student to college. We appreciate you making a conscious choice to shop local this year, Happy Holidays!